How does Poweramp detect which album art image to use?

kamild_

Hello, exactly like in the topic title :) Some covers are being shown automatically and other ones are not - I need to set them manually for every single song in the album. What's the album art image file name that Poweramp will automatically use in all songs in a defined album?

EDIT: According to the FAQ, Poweramp looks for cover.jpg files smaller than 1.5 MB. I just finished preparing cover.jpg for each every album and about half of them still either shows a previously downloaded cover or doesn't show it at all. My folder structure is simple:

--| Music

----| Monstercat 001

------| *songs*

------| cover.jpg

----| Monstercat 002

------| *songs*

------| cover.jpg

----| Monstercat 003

------| *songs*

------| cover.jpg

How do I make it working?

This thread might help: http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/6091-album-art-primer.

cover.jpg should be fine for folder/album artwork.

You may need to do a Rescan and/or delete the existing album art cache to get it to work though (see Settings > Album Art). Also check that the preference settings in that menu are as you want them (e.g. untick 'Prefer Downloaded Album Art' and tick 'Prefer In-Folder Images')

You might want to download the latest version of Poweramp (build 571) too, as this addresses some album art issues in the list views. See http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/3189-poweramp-build-571-updated-12-december-2014/.

Andre

Thanks for your response!

The thread you mentioned about helps me describe the problem - player art was detected properly but thumb art was all messed up (contained art chosed previously from Poweramp and empty art images). Also I updated Poweramp yesterday but it didn't fix anything.

You may need to do a Rescan and/or delete the existing album art cache to get it to work though (see Settings > Album Art). Also check that the preference settings in that menu are as you want them (e.g. untick 'Prefer Downloaded Album Art' and tick 'Prefer In-Folder Images')

Before preparing cover images I have removed all .jpg, .png and .pamp files from my music folder and cleaned the art cache using Poweramp's settings (tried those two steps in a reversed order). I also tried removing all the files from "_com.maxmpz.mediaplayer" and following the instructions to fix the thumb art but it did not help either. After an hour of trying to make Poweramp detect album art properly I gave up and I simply cleaned app data. When I launched Poweramp, all the cover art was detected and it worked flawlessly - and everyone was happy ever after :)

I find it amusing that such an advanced music player experiences problems with managing cover art. Maybe there should be some kind of option that would force Poweramp to only use album art that is saved under one particular file name?

Archived