Playlist export/import

Laachukuu

Hello. 

Im using PA for a year? Verry excited and happy but WTF with the playlist export and import??? 

Can anybody tell me how to import one? 

Problem: 
I had to reinstall(master reset) my phone a couple of times.. and now i got the S3 Neo) and each time i have to go true all my 1000+ song to make my 400+ song playlists for car/home etc.. it take like for 2-3H to do so CUZ the PA does not understad its own playlists... :@ 

i make the playlist .. then something happens (Master reset) and boom have the playlist file but PA says 0 songs. 
all songs are in SDcard/music ( on all device). nothing changes just phone reinstall.. 

What im doing wrong? HOW TO IMPORT A PLAYLIST?? 

If you have a new file based playlist (M3U or M3U8 for example) in any of the folders which Poweramp scans (i.e. ticked in Music Folders) then a rescan should load any new playlists. PA normally should pick these up automatically without you needing to do a manual scan. Do you see the lists but not yet the contents, as that is the default for a new list which has not been played yet.

Andre

Assuming all the individual songs are already scanned and listed in your Poweramp Library, then the problem is probably the playlist files not pointing to the right places - have any of the folder structures (where your music is located) been changed since the playlists were created?

Andre

all songs are in SDcard/music ( on all device). nothing changes just phone reinstall.. 

p.s. This happened on LG 4x HD .. I created backup file on/to s3 neo and PA saw it and shoved the song nuber... soo maybe this is on/with LG`s ... 

Yes, it does sound like the problem is the LG.

However you still haven't said what the 'real' path to your music is, and then what is listed in the playlist file (you can view a M3U or M3U8 file in any text editor to see what path information is being stored).

For example, if your playlist contains entries such as:

/storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders/Xmas/2000 Miles - Pretenders.mp3/storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders/Xmas/A Fairytale of New York - The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl.mp3/storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders/Xmas/Do They Know its Christmas - Band Aid.mp3/storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders/Xmas/Polar Express/04 Believe - Josh Groban (Polar Express).mp3/storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders/Xmas/Muppet Christmas Carol/05 One More Sleep Til Christmas (Kermit).mp3
then your music must be in the same readable locations, in this case in the folders:

/storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders/Xmas/

/storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders/Xmas/Polar Express/

/storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders/Xmas/Muppet Christmas Carol/

You may find there is more than one way to the find same folders (virtualised paths), so you might find the same folders available under the /mnt/ or /sdcard/ hierarchy for example.

Andre

I understand that and that is the reason why im here.. 

Nothing changes... on old LG i had the same SD card.. And on my SD i have 1 map - music and ALL .. ALL music is in there... And PA did not read the playlist.. on my new S3 neo it works just perfect. :) 

Archived