Poweramp doesn´t finish played songs

TheMaaan

Hello,

I have a problem with Poweramp. Yesterday I have imported my two Kontor albums from CD to my PC and after this to my phone. Today I started listening and the songs aren´t finishing. They play until about 10 seconds before ending, then Poweramp skips to the next song. Other songs or albums are working. I also tried my stock player and there it worked with the Kontor albums. Sorry if there are some faults, im not native english.  :)

Thanks for your help in advance

TheMaaan

• 1 year later...

I have reviewed all the forum topics and this is the closest to the issue I need to resolve.

My problem is Poweramp does not finish playing the complete song before advancing to the next song.......... seemingly when reading from the SD card.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active with an added 32G SD card.

I use a computer and Roxio software to create music from vinyl albums and/or acquire from online or CDs.  I can make WAV files or MP3 or convert one to the other.

In order to put it on the phone the way I like it, I have learned through trial and error that I must create my music and then convert to MP3.  I can then just use Windows Explorer to copy (drag and drop) albums with individual song files onto the phone.  Not directly to the SD card.  At this point is where one can use ITag or MP3dit to tag these files since they won't work if the files are already on the SD card.

Some albums have songs files which flow from one song to the next intentionally without a gap. (Santana Caravanserai and Abraxas are examples.)  Poweramp can play these files from the phone (I'll call it RAM) just fine. The songs can flow from one to the next without a gap (with correct Settings.)

Still using Windows Explorer, one can then copy (drag and drop) these tagged files over to the SD card on the phone. (It shows as a different folder.) One must then make sure duplicate files are not remaining on the phone (RAM) by deleting them. Poweramp then can identify all the album files, tags, and album cover art from the SD card.  The problem is that Poweramp now cuts the songs short by approximately 5 seconds before transitioning to the next song, thoroughly messing up the listening enjoyment intended by the album.

It's the same files.  They sound fine played on the computer.  They sounded fine played by Poweramp when played from the phone (RAM) , but NOT when played from the SD card.

Does this sound familiar to anyone out there?

Help?

Thank you.

Seems very odd, unless there is a problem reading data from your SD Card from multiple files? You could try copying everything off your SD Card onto your PC, reformat the card completely (using the PC's Format option) and then copy everything back to the card. Then put it back into the phone and see if that helps?

Andre

Archived