Poweramp
Rowan Timm

Player works fine and the loses sound.

I wonder if someone could help me?

I have a problem with music player apps on my Galaxy S5.

Songs play but then at any random time, 2mins, 10mins, usually within 30mins the sound cuts out, the player shows the song as still playing, player is "functional" but no sound.

If l unplug the earphones, and then plug the earphones back in, the sound comes back.

The stock Samsung player works with no such issues, the only problem is the stock players sound quality is very poor.
Does anybody know a fix?
Please help

KitKat 4.4

l don't know if im using a custom ROM or Kernel, it's a Samsung S5 puchased on contract from EE, dont know if that helps, l know it's not rooted, sorry l dont know the ins and out of Andriod yet :/

Then it's a regular stock ROM and kernel, you'd need to root to start installing new ROMs/etc. Have you tried the Poweramp settings to increase the "audio thread priority" and buffer size in the Audio>Advanced Audio Tweaks section?

Andre

l have just now changed the audio thread priority to highest - i will now see if it can play without sound loss for an hour *fingers crossed*

l have not changed buffer size - l will change one setting at a time.

Is rooting and new ROM a necessity for Poweramp?

Is rooting and new ROM a necessity for Poweramp?

Definitely not, in fact it can often introduce a lot more complications.

Andre

ok audio thread priority to highest - no fix.  buffer size increase to 750 ms - no fix.

l dont understand why this problem exists...

crappy Samsung player and half decent google play work [both pre-installed stock players #consipracy! lol :( ]

Update : when I have the handset plugged in and charging Poweramp works perfectly, when the handset is unplugged from the charger the problem returns....

Odd. Do you have any power-saving options enabled which might be shutting something down while the device is on battery power? Does this happen with the screen on too, or only when the screen has gone to sleep?

Andre

Poweramp and N7 Player both have this issue, however l have now found that Double Twist and Rocket Player do NOT have this problem,

so l have decided to go with Rocket Player, who knows maybe Lollipop with miraculously fix the issue *shrug*

Thank you Andre for trying to help me :)