Material Design

Yes, +100500 for update of main design of "Poweramp" and finally bring it into line of Google's design guides, btw - the new "Play Music" interface look amazing, and we hope that new version of "Poweramp" will be at least good.

I don't always rate Google's ideas for user interfaces. Case in point being their stupid three-dots menu button, for which naff idea they have tried to dissuade hardware manufacturers from including a proper discrete menu button apart from the main touch screen. Also little floating control tabs at the side of the display are very annoying too, I keep catching them by accident. Not all progress is good (Windows 8 anyone?)

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Uniformity of the UI very important factor of user experience. If the iOS app doesn't comply with the Apple's UI design guides, it is not allowed in AppStore. Unfortunately Google is not so strict on developers, because of what the Google Play are many applications that are introduced into a stupor in their appearance.

I believe that compliance with the UI guides is very important for the development of Android. For example - Google Play Music even now has a very comfortable and beautiful modern interface similar to other Google apps, but unfortunately the sound quality is inferior. 

Another example - musiXmatch, which also meets the requirements of Google UI, that only goes in it's favor - choose between albums, artists, songs, etc. much faster and easier through tabs than the list that we see in the Poweramp. 

If the new Poweramp UI will depart from partial skeuomorph and correspond of Material design guides, it would be the perfect player.

Archived