Sorting Albums

bchaikin

When I am in a folder for a specific artist, I see my albums listed. What I would like to do is play all the albums in order.  Right now, If I play all, it plays all the songs in all the albums in alphabetical order by song.

I would like it to play the songs from each album.

Is that possible?

If you are playing music by Folder (rather than Library) then I assume each album is stored in its own folder yes? If so, Poweramp should play the contents of each album folder, and then move on to the next one (assuming Shuffle mode is off). If you want to force the albums to be played chronologically rather than alphabetically, add the year to the start of each album's folder name.

Andre

I have each album in a different folder in one main folder. For example:

Queen (main directory)

News Of The World (Sub directory)

Jazz (Sub directory)

The Game (Sub directory)

I am viewing folders, and if i select "All Artist Songs" it plays the songs alphabetically. I am looking to play the albums alphabetically.

Should I place all the songs in the same directory?

No, just use Folders mode for playback, not any of the Library (tag based) modes. You need to actually tap on one of the tracks in a folder to start playing in that mode, otherwise only the 'view' changes to Folders rather than the actual playback order.

You should set the sorting order for the folders to 'Path' (via the List Options menu), and for the tracks level choose to sort by either Filename or Track #. You may prefer to view the folders in Hierarchy mode (nested) or List (all shown one after the other) depending on how many folders and subfolders you have.

Andre

Archived