Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
Wong Dee

Deleting music issue.

Whenever I delete music from Poweramp and do a rescan later for new music, it re adds all the old music I deleted previously. It used to never do this until I got a new phone. Does anyone have a fix? HTC One M8

I assume you have KitKat on your phone? It's a new bug (I'm sorry, feature) added by Google which prevents general apps from gaining write access to the external SD Card in a device (apart from files in a semi-hidden app-specific folder location). This can be fixed easily, but only if your phone is rooted.

Andre

I signed up just to report this also. Glad it's not just me...

My phones currently rooted however, what can I do?

Yes it can, not sure how they've done it but as a file manager program they've managed to work around Google's new restrictions.

Andre

Correct, Google decided that in KitKat, an existing rule should be enforced to make external SD Cards read-only for all regular apps (apart from within their own very specific data directory). See http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/326024-can-t-edit-delete-files-on-sd-card-android-4-4 for more info.

Andre

I gave in and rooted my new Galaxy Note 3 yesterday (Knox, shmox) and added that extra permissions line into platform.xml, and I can confirm it works perfectly now. (Do make sure you keep a backup of the original file if you are going to do this yourself, just in case)

I have also edited my Note's keylayout file to give me NextTrack and PreviousTrack control via my wired headset's second and third buttons, instead of the default volume up/down functions, which was the other reason I found I really needed to root the device.

Andre