Deleting music issue.

Wong Dee

Whenever I delete music from Poweramp and do a rescan later for new music, it re adds all the old music I deleted previously. It used to never do this until I got a new phone. Does anyone have a fix? HTC One M8

I assume you have KitKat on your phone? It's a new bug (I'm sorry, feature) added by Google which prevents general apps from gaining write access to the external SD Card in a device (apart from files in a semi-hidden app-specific folder location). This can be fixed easily, but only if your phone is rooted.

Andre

Correct, Google decided that in KitKat, an existing rule should be enforced to make external SD Cards read-only for all regular apps (apart from within their own very specific data directory). See http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/326024-can-t-edit-delete-files-on-sd-card-android-4-4 for more info.

Andre

I gave in and rooted my new Galaxy Note 3 yesterday (Knox, shmox) and added that extra permissions line into platform.xml, and I can confirm it works perfectly now. (Do make sure you keep a backup of the original file if you are going to do this yourself, just in case)

I have also edited my Note's keylayout file to give me NextTrack and PreviousTrack control via my wired headset's second and third buttons, instead of the default volume up/down functions, which was the other reason I found I really needed to root the device.

Andre

Archived