Digital USB output

trimmer

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Samsung S4 and while Poweramp will play high resolution files 96/24, it won't output them to a DAC (FiiO E17) through USB out; at least the E17 only shows 48/16.  For comparison and in response to the above, I downloaded USB Audio Player PRO and it will output 96/24 through USB and the FiiOE17 recognizes the resolution accordingly.  That is with an out of the box Samsung S4.

The rub is, Poweramp is 20 times better than USB Audio PRO.  The interface for that app is horrible, but it appears to be the only game in town.  It feels like your really close, but this would be huge for those of us that have a lot of high resolution files that we want to play through our phones.

Agreed.  I hope they fix it because Poweramp is a great player.  Being able to fully use my E17 was the top priority for me for phone choice, though (outside of normal "phone" functions...) so I will stick with what works I guess.  I would love to post all over Headfi that Poweramp has the same functionality because I bet those folks would jump all over it.  USB Audio Player PRO is charging ~$10 for their app, but like previously mentioned, it's the only game in town. 

Archived