Poweramp is not seeing my SD card

jerryisdead

Over the last couple of weeks Poweramp keeps stopping and won't play songs. This is happening once every day or twoI get error messages about not finding files or being able to play songs etc. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. When the problem occurs, I remove the SD card, reinsert, restart the phone, and then rescan. Sometimes I can get away by clearing the cache in Manage Apps. Then I'm OK for another day or two. I've noticed that when this occurs, Poweramp won't display the files on the SD card in the List view, but when I got into Folder view, they seem to be there. I also see them when I got into the phone file manager. I'm flummoxed and I don't know where to look. Does anyone here have any insight and can maybe direct me to some info? I'm getting frustrated and I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

I had a problem with my SD Card recently, though not with Poweramp. I had to backup the card to my PC, format it, then restore from my backup. Everything has been fine since. The problem seemed to be in accessing a single file - it was visible to eveything but when i tried to copy it the card didn't want to know. I "assume" it was some sort of "bit" issue with the card that had become unreadable.

Oh, by 'backup', I mean I copied all files to my PC then back again after the formt - nothing fancy.

I also formatted the card on my PC - a 'full' format as Windows XP puts it.

Dave

Had exactly same problem with Samsung S3 but found out that it was my 32gb sandisk memory card. It is a known problem with this card and S3. Google it! Have now exchange card but put new one in camera and fitted Samsung memory card into phone. No problems for last year.

Archived