Track skipping takes a long time

Hello,

I'm having trouble with skipping tracks or resuming play. When I start Poweramp and try to start or resume playback, it takes up to 20 seconds for the song to load and start playing. Also, a lot of times when I try to skip tracks when already playing, it takes up to the same amount of time just to get to the next track and start playing. Sometimes it goes a lot faster and plays the next track within a second or so, but many times when trying to skip within the lock screen or getting out of the lock screen, entering the app, and hitting next, it takes such a long time to skip. Usually when the app is already open and I'm just skipping from there it's a lot better and and changes quicker. This happens even when the app is the only one in the foreground running, with plenty of RAM available.

I've tried searching the forums but I haven't found anyone with a similar problem, so hopefully I'm not missing anything that's been answered already.

Otherwise, this is my favorite music player app that has the best features for my use, and thanks for any help someone could provide.

I'm using a Samsung mp3 player, not a phone, so it's a little different with Android builds and stuff but hopefully that doesn't mean much. 

Info:

Samsung Galaxy player 4.2 YP-GI1

Android 2.3.6

Kernel version 2.6.35.7-CL1076053

Build number Gingerbread.ueld3

Poweramp version 2.0.9-build-534 full version

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i have the same problem and posted twice into these forums with no replies and it seems to be that no issues get resolved on this forum. i know this is over a year ago this was posted but if you read this and have found a solution could you let me know. its 2014 so going back to a previous version would be ridiculous

Try turning all the crossfade and fade in/out options off, and set Audio Priority to highest (also try playing around with the buffer size) and see if any of those help reduce the issue for you. Does this happen equally with files on your device and ones on an external SD Card?

Also, the best way to get a direct response is to use the Get Support option in the app. While these forums are read by the developer, he is unfortunately not able to be on here as often as he might like. (Poweramp Settings > Get Support > Menu-button > Contact Us)

Andre

Archived