Changed Gmail accounts

Vindii

I had been using Poweramp with my bluetooth adapter that allows me to play music through my car speakers using FM radio stations. I cant remember if I paid for the full version or if I was using the trial.

The problem is before I changed gmail account and changed ROM's on my phone I could move to the nest track with my droid screen off using a long press on the volume up and down rocker. This was great for changing tracks while driving.

After signing in with a new gmail account and changing roms I install the trial version and it does not appear to have this feature. Is this only a feature of the paid version or am I missing something? If it is only the paid version how can I get this back after switching gmail accounts?

(stock) Android OS doesn't send volume key presses to background apps or when screen is off. Some custom roms have these buttons remapped to MEDIA_* events, and also it's possible to remap on rooted phones.

Thanks!

Odd, I'm using stock Andoid 2.2 on my Desire Z and the side volume keys do change the media volume when PowerAMP is playing, even when the screen is off. I'm rooted, but I haven't run anything to remap.

• 2 months later...

First, Poweramp is hands down the best music player around for Android. I paid for it and have recommended it to others.

Second, it stinks that stock Android and the common OEM variants like HTC's Sense don't support track skips with long pressing volume keys. Even a Blackberry has this functionality.

Archived