Awesome Beats mod compatibility

inScythe

There is this popular mod that ports the libraries for Beats audio into other devices, called Awesome Beats, such as this one for Nexus 7:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1889522

I know that for Beats to be enabled in Poweramp, it needs to be turned on in the Tone/Vol settings tab, which won't show up unless it is on HTC devices. Do you think it is possible to show this button on non-HTC devices as long as the libs are present?

The mod is popular enough that it is ported to many devices. I'm pretty sure this will please a lot of users.

We'll test it on our device and, if it what it stands for (binaries looks like Sense 3.0 beats, but Play-available Nooz dsp from the same dev comes with a binaries in APK not ever used/loaded, just for a "weight" - so that's why it should be careful checked) , will enable it. Currently beats check is done only on HTC devices.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for a quick response!

Anyway, there are a lot of Awesome Beats implementations available, with the one shown in the links are just some example (BTW, it is also available for other Nexus devices). I believe most of them use similar binaries.

For the Nooz DSP (the EIZO rewire), it actually works with Poweramp as it stands now. Only Awesome Beats that are not functional.

Archived