Option to Automatically Show Lyrics over Album Art

rkorte

Long time user of Poweramp paid.

I have added lyrics to the id3 tags for the songs for which I want lyrics. Poweramp can display them fine, but I have to manually tell it to display the lyrics for each song. I'd like to option to display them automatically on top of/instead of the album art when they exist, rather than have them in a dialog which I have to dismiss. I have PA set to load only from tags, and no I don't want to use a plugin, just tags. What I'm talking about is the same kind of feature that the iPod has- once I tell it to show the lyrics, it continues to show lyrics for whatever songs but that doesn't interfere with the normal functioning of the device.

If implemented, please and allow setting the font size (which I've seen in other feature requests).

I agree. I too have added the lyrics to the id3 tags for my complete library.

If the lyrics could be displayed on the existing player screen instead of the album art with the existing basic player controls at the bottom of the screen.

That would be fantastic.

I have also expressed a number of times that I would like the lyrics to change automatically with the track. Having to use the menu to select the lyrics for every new track is annoying to say the least.

How do you got lyrics on tags? What program are you using?

Use the "UNSYNCED LYRICS" ID3 tag.

• 2 weeks later...

A good alternative to this suggestion would probably be implementing the tap-once-on-album-art to display lyrics function like Apple has in iPhone/iPod Touch. That way you can enjoy the album art as default, but punching up the lyrics doesn't require multiple taps like it does now. Plus once activated the lyrics stay on even when the track changes. Tap once again to suppress the lyrics.

• 4 weeks later...

A good alternative to this suggestion would probably be implementing the tap-once-on-album-art to display lyrics function like Apple has in iPhone/iPod Touch. That way you can enjoy the album art as default, but punching up the lyrics doesn't require multiple taps like it does now. Plus once activated the lyrics stay on even when the track changes. Tap once again to suppress the lyrics.

Yes, I like this suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived