Resume last song at any time

Web

Hello

I am not sure what you mean by "any time", but basically yes, Poweramp resumes playback from where you paused it the last time. If you, however, select another track instead, the position of the previous one is no longer stored and you have to navigate to it manually.

If you, however, select another track instead, the position of the previous one is no longer stored and you have to navigate to it manually.

And therein lies one of Poweramp's biggest issues for anyone who uses longer tracks which you might wish to listen to in segments over a period of time (Concerts, Classical Music, Radio Shows, Podcasts, Audiobooks, etc).

As yet, there has been little official confirmation that any sort of improved support for these sort of lengthy tracks is coming imminently, which is a real shame as it appears to affect quite a lot of users from the comments seen here.

Andre

And therein lies one of Poweramp's biggest issues for anyone who uses longer tracks which you might wish to listen to in segments over a period of time (Concerts, Classical Music, Radio Shows, Podcasts, Audiobooks, etc).

As yet, there has been little official confirmation that any sort of improved support for these sort of lengthy tracks is coming imminently, which is a real shame as it appears to affect quite a lot of users from the comments seen here.

Andre

This feature will come, but it will not be a main feature of the app... just a plugin.

... but it will not be a main feature of the app... just a plugin.

Oh nuts. :(

Well, if it's transparently integrated (just kept as an option so it keeps the main app size down) that'd be OK. But it really should be core functionality to be honest, as Poweramp is currently almost incapable of handling longer audio files without a lot of hassle. Certainly a lot more useful than having the Poweramp logo fade in and out during load and menu changes anyway...

Andre

Is there a timescale on this by the way? Next beta release perhaps, or longer?

To be honest, as much as I love Poweramp, it is getting more and more frustrating trying to navigate my way through tracks these days. For example I was trying to find where I'd got to within a 90 minute show on the way to work this morning. The seek bar is really no use for longer tracks, it's far too coarse - and the press-and-hold ffwd/frew function is difficult too, as if you press it for too short a time in order to try to move a short distance back, it skips to a different track and you're right back at square one again. I had actually arrived at work before I found my place.

This really does need addressing soon - and ideally within the main app rather than as a plug-in.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

This is a huge frustration for me too. I normally make do with free apps and decided to support Poweramp because it's such a well-conceived product. lately though, I'm starting to regret my decision to support Poweramp because of various bugs that have cropped lately and seem to make it next to impossible to enjoy audiobooks e.g. how it forgets its paused place after resuming from lock screen.

• 2 months later...

Add me to the list of those who want this feature!

What i have done in the mean time is.. i use a different media player for podcasts. So if i stop half way thru, i just close that media player... i can then listen to music as normal in Poweramp.. .then when i want to listen to the podcast i just go back to the other player.

clunky, but it works. Hopefully the developer will address this

Archived