Navigation issues

mitchelln

Hi.

Just bought Poweramp and I think it's really great. Having the equalizer working with Ogg files and a bluetooth headset is simpy fantastic!

I do have a couple of questions regarding navigation though.

Firstly in library mode. I go to the Artist list. Scroll down to the desired artist and click on it. It then takes me to the albums for that artist, which is as expected. I then click on an album and it takes me to the tracks for that album and I can start playing them. All good so far!

I then click back to the album from the player to choose another track to play. I now want to choose another album. However, if I then click the up arrow it takes me to the list of all albums (hundreds in my case). If I click up again it takes me back to the library root.

The sequence I would expect would be to click back to the current album from the player screen, then clicking up would take me to the albums for the chosen artist and then clicking up again would take me back to the artists list. Basically the reverse of the navigation I took to get to the track I wanted play. Is there any reason why it is the way is? It's kinda irritating I'm afraid as there is no quick way to go back to another album by the same artist or go back up to the list of artists.

Secondly, in the folder view. The default is just to list everything in pure alphabetical order so artists and albums are all mixed up together. It's a huge listing for me. So I then switched to sorting by path. I then get a list of artists, but with the albums also listed. What I would expect is just a list of artists and then when I click on one I then get taken to the albums for that selected artist. As it is I have to wade through pages and pages of listings.

Finally, a bug! The slider that shows A B C etc doesn't seem to work in folder mode if the path sort method is selected. The slider itself appears, but the letter display doesn't show. I'm running the full version of 1.0-build-285 on a HTC Desire HD running froyo.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.

Artist album persistent selection is already implemented and this build is in closed beta for now. I.e. that's coming in next update to the market (see here for details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=172).

In Folders list, there are no albums or artist. There are folders as represented by file system, and all sortings are purely folder/file name based.

When path sorting is used, the ABC quick access thingie should not be displayed at all, as it can work only for the alphabetical sortings. Thanks for the finding.

Thanks for the feedback.

Artist album persistent selection is already implemented and this build is in closed beta for now. I.e. that's coming in next update to the market (see here for details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=172).

Great news! Thanks for that. Look forward to it :)

In Folders list, there are no albums or artist. There are folders as represented by file system, and all sortings are purely folder/file name based.

When path sorting is used, the ABC quick access thingie should not be displayed at all, as it can work only for the alphabetical sortings. Thanks for the finding.

The thing is the folders on my SD card are in the format Artist\Album\Tracks. So I was expecting it to list the artists and then when you click on an artist it would then shows the albums then you click down to the tracks. At the moment it shows everything in a big flat list.

Archived