Want to buy but can't

This has got to be one of the worst customer experiences I've had in a long time and I'm a software developer who sells a very popular product, so I've seen a lot :/

I tried to purchase this app, since I though it was quite good and it fit my needs. But I was required to submit a real phone number, and got a call from somebody who was completely incomprehensible, the call quality was that bad. Then I got an email saying that my purchase had been denied.

As a developer myself, I can understand why you would want to protect yourself against fraud, but this CX has been dreadful - I had to wait for anything to happen, then it eventually was denied. It's a $5 app!, not a major purchase. I'll certainly be going somewhere else after this :-/

Disappointing.

you could try to let it pay over the provider bill, some countries and provider offer this.

Yes, I could but why should I be jumping through hoops like this to give someone money. I was hoping the developer might have chimed in but he doesn't seem to be interested. I know that if someone had this kind of experience buying my product, I'd be all over it like a rash trying to fix things up. There are so many decent sales providers that provide instant delivery of software and license keys, they take care of fraud checks and eat any losses themselves, there's no reason to use a bunch of jokers like PayProGlobal. I use FastSpring, very reliable, very professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I could but why should I be jumping through hoops like this to give someone money. I was hoping the developer might have chimed in but he doesn't seem to be interested. I know that if someone had this kind of experience buying my product, I'd be all over it like a rash trying to fix things up. There are so many decent sales providers that provide instant delivery of software and license keys, they take care of fraud checks and eat any losses themselves, there's no reason to use a bunch of jokers like PayProGlobal. I use FastSpring, very reliable, very professional.

Who was giving you a call? We aren't the people that handle the payment process, that call is most likely from PayPal or someone from your bank checking to make sure the purchase isn't fraudulent or something. Sorry but we aren't the people that handle money, it's just two of us here working on Poweramp and so we don't have time to call and verify purchases.

Google Play cards are now available, and hopefully those are in your reach. Please let us know if there's something more I can do for you, if there is, you can always shoot me a PM.

Archived