Major issues with Poweramp on a android head unit...

snorkel

So I have a new Eonon 10.1 inch android 13 head unit (UA12S Plus-6G) and I purchased both the play store and apk download versions.

So here is the problem, I first purchased the play store version and everytime I had to cold reboot the head unit it completey messes up the license and requires me to start from scratch and restore the purchase and be connected to the internet...ok so obviously this is not going to work.
so I then get the .apk version which does not use the play store to do the phone home license check or so I thought.
I had to do a cold reboot to change a setting for the mic gain and bam it did the same thing.....like I installed from scratch and requires I restore the purchase.
Not sure why it's doing this.

2nd...when power amp is playing in the background and I make a call with android auto, the call volume goes low and power amp increases to ear splitting levels and does not pause playback like every other .mp3 player I tried.  It only does this when placing a call.  If I ask google to tell me a store or whatever Poweramp pauses like it's supposed to.

is there any way around these issues or did I just waste my money on these two licenses purchases?

Edited by snorkel
add head unit model number

31 minutes ago, snorkel said:

So I have a new Eonon 10.1 inch android 13 head unit (UA12S Plus-6G) and I purchased both the play store and apk download versions.

So here is the problem, I first purchased the play store version and everytime I had to cold reboot the head unit it completey messes up the license and requires me to start from scratch and restore the purchase and be connected to the internet...ok so obviously this is not going to work.

Sounds like your radio is not keeping the main power line active when the car is turned off. There are usually two different connections, one for the switched power that is activated with the key or accessory line when the car is on, and the other for the main power which is always at 12V even without the key. I would check this to ensure the main memory isn't getting erased every time the car is turned off.

There is also a problem in amny of these Android based car radios where they do not do a smooth exit when the car is turned off. Once the accessory power is removed, the radio should be executing a smart shutdown of the apps that are running. This is likely not happening either way. A follow-up with Eonon may help to resolve this.

hi, nope that's not the issue.  It does the fast boot from hibernation just fine in like 2 seconds.
it's wired in with a Maestro harness into the ram 1500 connector and all that works perfectly.
it happens if I go into the factory settings and make a change like the mic gain, this makes it do a cold reboot and when it does this Poweramp tries to phone home and invalidates the license.
I thought for sure if I did the .apk install and license it would not do that but it's doing it the same as the play store version.
now when I try and restore the purchase it's giving me some internet permission error that it can't connect but all other internet apps seem to work fine.
no other apps loose the settings like this, just Poweramp.

it does do a smart shutdown, it does not just blink out.  it's same as a cold reboot on a phone.  Difference is a phone has a always on internet connection unless it's in airplane mode.

Edited by snorkel

So I just went out and tested this again and I can't get it to work with calls.
It's doing something with the audio channel the head unit is using for Android auto is the best I can tell.
so if I start android auto normally and then start power amp and play something so it's in the background.
and I say "Hey Google"  tell me a story, this works as it should , power amp mutes the assistant tells some goofy store and then power amp starts playing again.
now if you say "Hey Google"  call maria home.   android auto comes to the front for a second a and then power amp takes over and keeps playing the music while android
auto tries to dial and then when it answers the volume on the music goes into overdrive, it's really bad.

So I am using a UA12S Plus-6G
this runs Android 13 so I don't know if there are any issues with Poweramp and android 13.

I tried a bunch of other Music players like Musicolet, USB Audio Player etc and they are work fine with the UA12S Plus-6G

Hi, I checked that and did the restore settings and even reinstalled a couple of times as after a full reboot on my head unit it's going back to trial mode. (another super annoying issue LOL)

Where is last processed commands at?  is that in Poweramp or in Android?

The other thing I can try is to not use android auto and see if the focus issue happens with just the standard bluetooth call interface. 
there was a recent update to android auto on my phone.
it's odd because the focus/ducking works if you do other things like navigation or ask the assistant something and it talks, it's only during a call.

ok, so I tried with android auto disabled and just the head units bluetooth calling interface and it does the same thing. 
I also found the last processed commands and it's empty.  I also restored all the audio settings to default so it's like I just installed it.

I am going to take a video, have to find another phone as I can't record from mine when I make a call.

You can search (in Poweramp Settings) for almost any  Poweramp specific setting/option including “last processed commands”. This one won’t fix the issue per se, but it will highlight why Poweramp resumes when that is not wanted. There is an explicit command to resume and Poweramp complies. The log shows the source of the command.