Poweramp Scanning problem, Android 12 Car head unit

Robdx

Hi

I have just fitted an android head unit into my car, its a Topway TS10S unit, genuine Android 12. This is my 3rd android head unit having previously used an android 10 and android 9 unit previously. I have used Poweramp on every unit with no issues all my music is on a usb drive as on this unit there are no sd card slots. As you can see in the video PA sees the usb drive but it wont let me extend it to the folders. I have my USB drive structured as per the screenshot with both highlighted folders containing all mp3 files, yet pressing on the arrow on folders list in PA wont extend it out to show the folders on the drive. Having read a few topics and researched I have found that the "Files" app does not exist on this unit and that on Android 12, file browsing through DocumentsUI is disabled. I have added files by google and uninstalled PA(was latest play store version) and replaced with build 976 stable from this site, unfortunately it hasn't cured it. I have tried with and without file access legacy mode no difference.

The USB drive shows up in files by google and units built in file manager and it is readable, I can even tap on music file and use Poweramp on open with and it plays but I obviosly want to populate PA library. The units stock music player reads the drive with no issues, VLC  player also does, but PA will not scan the usb drive at all...I have also tried Musicolet and that wont scan usb drive either. I really want PA as I have used it on both previous units from a USB drive with no problems. I have moved a few files from the usb to internal storage of the unit and it scans that without issue, unfortunately I cant move everything over as I have over 80gb of music and audiobooks.

Is there any way to get PA to scan the usb drive, or am I simply doing something wrong? As it worked on both Android 9 and 10 I can only assume its an android 12/files app or documentsUI issue. I have added DocumentsUI as decribed in another thread but its made no difference 

Screenshot 2024-09-16 135039.jpg

If you don’t have Documents ui it means apps can’t open files as basically the Open folder dialog is missing (the one which gives the permissions to use those folders). App can’t get those permissions somehow else (that’s the point of these user curated permissions as Google designed them).

The website version has all files access + legacy file access feature which should help:

- enable legacy access. Poweramp will ask for the extra permission. If it doesn’t it means permission UI is blocked and the file access permission can be granted in the system settings for the Poweramp app (usually avail. by long press on Poweramp icon + (i))

- reselect folders in Poweramp Music folders dialog

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

If you don’t have Documents ui it means apps can’t open files as basically the Open folder dialog is missing (the one which gives the permissions to use those folders). App can’t get those permissions somehow else (that’s the point of these user curated permissions as Google designed them).

The website version has all files access + legacy file access feature which should help:

- enable legacy access. Poweramp will ask for the extra permission. If it doesn’t it means permission UI is blocked and the file access permission can be granted in the system settings for the Poweramp app (usually avail. by long press on Poweramp icon + (i))

- reselect folders in Poweramp Music folders dialog

I have added DocumentsUI from a link in this forum, I have installed website version from here but still will not let me choose folders from my USB.
My last unit was a TS18 unit which is an older(Android 10) unit but similar to my new one and I did not have any problems, but it had an SD card slot and all my music was on this SD card on the A10 unit, my new one does not have an SD slot, but there is provision on the motherboard to add one if you think this is worth a try 

39 minutes ago, snorkel said:

I get this after I reboot on android 13 and it's because the license information is gone.
try restoring the license, I bet it starts working again.

Do you mean the pro unlocker? as if so i have tried that