Best Earbuds/Headphones to use for utmost hires quality?

What earbuds or headphones do y'all use to get hires output?

So I hate over the ear headphones and I've come to prefer Bluetooth for when I'm at work. I have Raycon's The Everyday Earbuds. They're fantastic for their price (the most expensive pair of earbuds I've ever bought at $79.99 twice - I accidentally ruined my first pair in the washing machine lol) but I've noticed that they - at max- only play 16bit aac despite having files that go up to 24bit/96khz.

Though tbh that could just be because of my settings because I'm lowkey lost with the plethora of options and stuff

Screenshot_20240908-225850_Poweramp.jpg

Edited by ChildOfTheMoon

PA isn't in control of what codec your earphones use.

Your files, being 24-96 at the top end, doesn't change anything about what capabilities your $80 Bluetooth earbuds have or don't have.

If they support some variant of APT-X or the more common LDAC codec, then it merits a further look. Otherwise 16/44.1 is the best you're getting. Enable dither and SoX resampler and tough it out.

7 hours ago, Fitzian said:

PA isn't in control of what codec your earphones use.

Your files, being 24-96 at the top end, doesn't change anything about what capabilities your $80 Bluetooth earbuds have or don't have.

If they support some variant of APT-X or the more common LDAC codec, then it merits a further look. Otherwise 16/44.1 is the best you're getting. Enable dither and SoX resampler and tough it out.

yes i know all of that, thats why i asked the forum

20 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

What earbuds or headphones do y'all use to get hires output?

for suggestions on what ones do support hi-res

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2024 at 4:09 AM, andrewilley said:

It also depends on your device too. Some phone ROMs don't support all of the higher quality BT codecs even if the headset does.

Andre

Oh that's interesting. I think my phone itself plays an output of at least 24bit 48 khz? 

If I have sample format set to auto, it's "using" 16bit but selecting 24bit tells me it's "using" 24bit