Wireless Android Auto and EQ presets

canajien

I've moved to using wireless AA in my vehicles which means it no longer uses bluetooth to transfer audio.

Before this Poweramp would connect using bluetooth for the audio and change to the appropriate EQ present, now it no longer does this. The device does make a bluetooth connection with the vehicles itself, I thought about using macrodroid as it can sense when it is connected to the vehicle's bluetooth, but there's no way it can tell Poweramp to change the EQ presets.

It was suggested on the macrodroid forums that I ask for some android intents to be opened up by Poweramp to allow this, but I suspect we could be waiting a while for this. Does anyone have any ideas how to automate the EQ preset switchover, I can do this manually, but I don't always remember, and the presets are vastly different for each vehicle and when I forget to do so the results are either too much treble or too much bass.

Thanks

ok I've tried that, there's nothing to save/assign the eq to

when connected to my wireless android auto Poweramp tells me it's using OPENSL ES OUTPUT 16 BIT 48 KHZ

there is no option to save eq settings to this

screenshots attached along with pix showing it correctly connecting to a bluetooth speaker and applying the correct eq

Screenshot_20240705-083418.png

Screenshot_20240705-083406.png

Screenshot_20240705-083027.png

Screenshot_20240705-083006.png

1 hour ago, canajien said:

when connected to my wireless android auto Poweramp tells me it's using OPENSL ES OUTPUT 16 BIT 48 KHZ

That's the output method in use, not the actual device that it is being asked to send the audio to. While playing, look at the very end of the Audio=>Audio Info display:

image.png

That is where Android is telling Poweramp that the audio path is ending up.

Andre

1 hour ago, canajien said:

it just says speaker on both vehicles it won't distinguish between them and will apply the same eq settings to each one

If Android is not indicating different output routing, I doubt there's much Poweramp can do to select between them. @maxmp might know a way to detect if AA wireless is running though.

Andre