Multiple artist dividers

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Hello, I have a question about the different artist separators in a song, I know that Poweramp has the feature of putting custom separators.

But my question here is why can't multiple separators be used simultaneously? I know it may seem unnecessary but it is a feature that I really like... I'll give you an example, I have three types of separators, ";" "&" "feat." but I can only use one in a song

Song Name:

Carnival

Artists:

Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign feat. Playboi Carti & Rich The Kid

Here what Poweramp does is create a new artist called "Ty Dolla $ign feat. Playboi Carti" and the only artists it separates are Kanye West and Rich The Kid, this is because it only takes into account the "&" separator, It is a very aesthetic thing but I would like to know why you cannot use more than two separators...

• Solution

You can.

I just created a test file with four artist names, using three different separators in the same Artist tag - "Test1 ; Test2 / Test3 feat. Test4" - and it worked as expected, creating four artist names "Test1", "Test2", "Test3" and "Test4". Have you tried doing a Full Rescan after making changes?

image.png

Andre

2 hours ago, 00vvlc said:

@andrewilley I have another question, in the "Albums by artist" section all the albums that you have collaborations with are repeated, is that normal or did I enter the tags wrong?

Albums by Artist category has this description in list options "Category with separate Album per each Artist/Album combination".

So, it is intended.

4 hours ago, 00vvlc said:

@andrewilley I have another question, in the "Albums by artist" section all the albums that you have collaborations with are repeated, is that normal or did I enter the tags wrong?

That category will show an album entry for every Artist name involved, so yes if there are two artists you will see two instances of the album name, one for each artist.

Andre