The application crashes when I look at the cover in the notification bar.

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

When I look at the cover of some songs or albums the application crashes but I don't know if it's a problem of the weight of the cover, my device or the application in general can someone help me?

PA Build Number: 981

Device: MotoG52

Android Version: 13

Are you saying the app crashes if you tap on the media panel in the Notification pull-down while music is playing, or simply dragging the pull-down open causes PA to crash? Does it only happen if specific audio files are playing, and is it repeatable?

Andre

13 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Are you saying the app crashes if you tap on the media panel in the Notification pull-down while music is playing, or simply dragging the pull-down open causes PA to crash? Does it only happen if specific audio files are playing, and is it repeatable?

Andre

The application crashes both ways but it happens only in some songs, but in the ones where the error is it always happens.

If a specific song is causing it (and the same song plays normally in the app until you pull-down the notification) please could you temporarily upload a sample audio file which always triggers this? Thanks,

Andre

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

If a specific song is causing it (and the same song plays normally in the app until you pull-down the notification) please could you temporarily upload a sample audio file which always triggers this? Thanks,

Andre

Sure, but I don't think it's because of the file itself, I just noticed that when I remove the cover of the song from the file the error doesn't happen and when I put it back the application crashes.

• Solution

Is the cover artwork embedded inside the audio file? Or is it a separately downloaded image file? If it's separate, you could pull the JPEG file out from the cache folder for testing.

Andre

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Is the cover artwork embedded inside the audio file? Or is it a separately downloaded image file? If it's separate, you could pull the JPEG file out from the cache folder for testing.

Andre

Thanks, that helped me ;)