How do I lock the EQ (in PAmp) ?

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Every time i make a custom change in the preset equalizer (I'm trying to find a config that reduces sibilance), whenever the music changes, the equalizer go back to the default one or the one assigned to that profile (either headset, bluetooth, or speaker).

Even when I pick the preset one to try, it'll also go back to the previous setting whenever it advances to next song.

I can't seem to "save" the equalizer configuration that I want. I have to assign them every time I make a small change.

am I missing something ?

• Solution

You've probably got a Preset assigned which is kicking back in automatically.

When you advance to a new song, PA will look for any user-assigned presets for that song, folder, album, folder, genre, or output device and apply any required Preset accordingly.

If you open the EQ screen, you'll see the name of the currently selected preset in the middle of the screen. If you then make an adjustment, the assigned name will disappear and the button will revert to the default wording 'Preset'. However next time you change to a new track, the required preset for that track will be re-loaded. You can enable 'Auto Save' in the three-dots menu to force any slider changes that you make to be saved back to the currently in-use Preset.

Andre 

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased PA on 22-Jun-2012 - that's 12 years ago. My hearing ailment (100% deaf in right ear) dictates that there's only one Eq setting that works for me, and I need it to be ON by default for everything. I don't want to have to keep going to the Eq and turning it on every time I load Poweramp. I just need the equalizer settings that I have (locked) to fire up when I start the app. All help welcome. Thanks!

Hi Andre - thanks for the reply. My problem is very simple. I want PA to start (the app itself) with the Eq turned on by default. Yes, I have a preset that I use always, but let's start with always invoking the app from cold with the equaliser ON - can do?

1 hour ago, aZooZa said:

How do you exit Poweramp? Is there an exit button?

Just press the device's Home button, or Back from the main screen.

You can fully force-close from the Recent Apps list if you really want to, but there's really no need as Android manages loading and unloading apps from memory.

AFAIK, 'Lock' only stops you from accidentally adjusting the slider settings manually, I don't think it prevents Auto-Assigned Presets from being loaded whenever the system requires them.

Andre