Equalizer: possible to go beyond +/-15 dB ?? (hypersensitive to very high frequencies)

AFAIK, the gain in built-in equalizer's band is +/-15 dB max.

Is it possible to overcome this limit?

The fact is that I'm hypersensitive to very high frequencies (above 5000 KHz). With my actual headphone (Hifiman Ananda, which is totally awesome BTW), I would need to set -22.5 dB for 6,4K, 10K and 16K bands.

The temporary solution I've found is to use a 2nd equalizer, Wavelet. With Poweramp eq. tuned at -15 dB and Wavelet tuned at -7.5 dB, I reach the target (I still hear the very high frequencies, but at a comfortable level).

I would prefer to get rid of the 2nd equalizer... Should I have to submit a request?

I'll move this to Feature Requests for you, as +/-15dB is currently the maximum range in both graphic and parameteic modes.

You could create a cludged effect by reducing the preamp gain as well as the high-end sliders, and then boosting all the lower frequencies to compensate for the preamp. Whatever you do is going to sound really nasty musically anyway, but that is clearly not the main concern in this case.

Andre

On 4/10/2024 at 12:01 PM, andrewilley said:

I'll move this to Feature Requests for you, as +/-15dB is currently the maximum range in both graphic and parameteic modes.

You could create a cludged effect by reducing the preamp gain as well as the high-end sliders, and then boosting all the lower frequencies to compensate for the preamp. Whatever you do is going to sound really nasty musically anyway, but that is clearly not the main concern in this case.

Andre

Thank you for the tip, see the attached image.

It works really great. It does not sound nasty at all, it sounds great, keep in mind that I don't hear high frequecies as you do...

Eq_poweramp_2.jpg