Poweramp Shuffle Settings - Always Resets

When I jump into my car for a short journey, I just like for Poweramp to Shuffle All Available songs.  I've set it to that option, but EVERY TIME I turn the car off, run into the store, etc., return and synch the phone with Bluetooth, Poweramp has switched back to whatever default settings it has and I have to reselect Shuffle All Available (or really any settings other than default).

The manual and FAQ are not intuitive, the various options are confusing as well as what they describe they do has other downstream impacts.

You don't mention anything about your setup, but I'm going to assume your have (or have recently been upgraded to) Android 14 on your phone. This is a known issue that Android 14 has caused, in that it can send repeat/shuffle commands when Bluetooth devices (most commonly some car headunits) connect, and Poweramp is merely responding - as it normally should - to those commands. If this is the case, you will see these commands logged in PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands, looking something like this:

image.png

The latest builds of Poweramp contain a switch to try to ignore these unwanted commands, but some users have reported that they are still getting through on their devices and further workaround updates will be needed in future PA builds. For now, make sure you are using the latest test release of Poweramp (currently build 981) and enable the switch in PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Ignore Repeat/Shuffle.

Andre

You may find the setting that I mentioned earlier fixes the problem for you, or you may need to wait for the next build which will have further workarounds added. I can't test on my own device as my Android Auto headunit (Hyundai) does not generate the spurious commands, even on Samsung Android 14. 

The fix should not affect any real Shuffle/Repeat actions created when you tap the relevant buttons on your Android Auto screen by the way, as they generate normal per-tap events which correctly cycle through PA's Shuffle or Repeat options:

14:31:16.649 PSMediaSessionHelper.Callback CUSTOM_ACTION=SHUFFLE
com.google.android.projection.gearhead
==================
14:31:16.672 PlayerService SHUFFLE

==================
14:31:19.923 PSMediaSessionHelper.Callback CUSTOM_ACTION=REPEAT
com.google.android.projection.gearhead
==================
14:31:19.929 PlayerService REPEAT

Andre