Sorting by full date?

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

I recently started using Poweramp on my Walkman a few days ago and I was wondering if there was a way to sort albums from the full date like YYYY/MM/DD. I don't have that style currently on my music, but because the Walkman uses the "sort as" field for sorting, I put the dates in that field for a better, chronological library. It would be great if I could configure Poweramp to sort using that field or the folders for albums.

I'm still new to this, so if this is already a setting, please let me know :)

• Solution

Even if the Year tag is yyyy-mm-dd, Poweramp only parses the first four year digits when it saves the tag to its database.

There is a feature request to allow extended variants in the future though, you can vote for it here once you account is mature enough:

Using "sort" tags is also something that has been requested.

Andre

On 3/26/2024 at 10:27 AM, andrewilley said:

Even if the Year tag is yyyy-mm-dd, Poweramp only parses the first four year digits when it saves the tag to its database.

There is a feature request to allow extended variants in the future though, you can vote for it here once you account is mature enough:

Using "sort" tags is also something that has been requested.

Andre

Thanks for the response! I just want to quickly ask, are there any plans for "display artist" tag support? Musicbee has it to where you can write whatever in that field while the actual artist stays in the background.

Unfortunately as a non-standard tag it's probably not something that's very likely in the near future. There are more than one hundred official in the main specs, many of which are pretty esoteric and not yet supported in Poweramp, but Display Artist only exists in one app as far as I know, and it is stored using the extended tagging format as TXXX/DISPLAY ARTIST. Have you found anything else that supports it directly?

Andre