Fix the selected view (default browsing method)

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Usually, I use the folder hierarchy view to browse and listen to my music.  It would be very convenient if the selected view from the library (Folder Hierarchy, Albums, Artist etc.) could be fixed (set as default method) even when I choose a song to play from other categories (I often select a song from Recently Played), unless the user manually again changes the browsing method.

You can set the default view shown when you tap the Library icon. From the top-level Library view, tap the three-dots menu, select List Options, and long-press on the Category that you wish to use as the default. (This choice can later be overridden by long-pressing on the Library icon rather than just tapping).

But from the Player Screen, tapping on the album artwork area will always take you to the current playback category list (e.g. back to Recently Played if that's the category you manually launched playback from).

Andre

Posted (edited)

Dear Andre, Thank you for your reply!

I guess I am asking for the option to go back to my default browsing method (i.e. folder hierarchy) when I tap the album artwork regardless of how I have come to that track (i.e. the recently played etc.) Otherwise, I think I do not fully understand what the setting of Home Category does to my navigation experience.

Thanks!

Vache

Edited by Vache

• Solution

Tapping on the cover artwork area is intended to always show you the song you are listening to in its "currently playing" category order. So if you had started playing from the 'Recently Added' view, that is the Category which you will be taken back to when you tap on the cover. From there you can see the next and other forthcoming songs in their playback order.

If you wish to be taken straight to the Library overview, or to your chosen default Home Library Category (for example, my default is set to 'Folders Hierarchy') just tap on the Library icon instead:

image.png

Additionally, you can also long-press on the cover art area (or alternatively tap on the three-dots menu icon) to see the currently playing song within a different category, in case you perhaps want to choose a new song from the same Album, Folder, Genre, etc. If you do tap on a new song from the selected list, that will become the currently playing song and the viewed Category will be used to control the upcoming songs sequence.

image.png

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Additionally, you can also long-press on the cover art area (or alternatively tap on the three-dots menu icon) to see the currently playing song within a different category, in case you perhaps want to choose a new song from the same Album, Folder, Genre, etc. If you do tap on a new song from the selected list, that will become the currently playing song and the viewed Category will be used to control the upcoming songs sequence.

image.png

Ok, now i get it. The long pressing on the artwork and selecting "Folders" brings me back to the folder hierarchy even if i have started to play the song from other category, which is what i wanted! This feature is really useful, thanks)

Btw, as there is also a separate category named "Folders", this can be confusing for some users, as it bring back to the "Folders Hierarchy". But this works for me!!))

Thanks much!))

Vache

You can configure whether the Folders link in that pop-up menu goes to the 'Folders' or 'Folders Hierarchy' views by using PA Settings=>Look and Feel=>Player Screen=>'Navigate to the Folders'. By default it is set to Off, which means the link takes you to 'Folders Hierarchy', but if you enable that setting it will go to 'Folders' view instead.

Remember that simply viewing a new category using those four links does not change the existing playback mode though - so even though you are now viewing a Folders Hierarchy songs list, playback will continue using the existing order as defined in (for example) the Recently Added category. If you tap on the currently playing song, playback will continue using the new Category order (to avoid the song being started again from the beginning, disable the option PA Settings=>Library=>Lists=>Click Restarts Track).

Andre