Music folder scan no longer finds music files or playlists

I recently upgraded to Android 14 and for over a week, all was good... until today.  I opened Poweramp and it wouldn't play anything.  Having had issues previously, I want to scan my music folders and saw a warning about "Google removed File Access Legacy Mode support for Play editions of the app" and saw the other warning under Music folders for adding subfolders.

So, I created a new folder like "My Music" and moved all my music files from the default "Music" folder to the new folder, deleted all music folder associations in Poweramp, and added the new folder and my self-created playlist folder.  Full scan still finds nothing.

I re-read the Music Folders warning about Android not allowing some folders like Download to be added and I may need to add subfolders, so I specifically added a folder several folders deep...  My Music/Artist/Album  and when I Full scanned, it still found nothing.

I went to the Apps in settings to see how I could possibly grant access to Poweramp for my folder, but I couldn't find anything.  I must be missing something.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I'm dying driving with no music.

Best,

MW

You should be fine with a folder of your own called "My Music", with all of your music saved in subfolders of that. It's only direct root access that you cannot assign access permissions any more (and some restricted system folders, like "Download").

Make sure File Access Legacy Mode is turned off - which it sounds like you've already had to do. Then revoke/disable any existing permissions that might still be hanging around so you have nothing selected at all in Settings=>Music Folders. Then use the 'Add Folder' option in that menu to choose just your "My Music" folder and tap 'Use this Folder' to grant access to it (and also do the same for "Playlists" if you need that).

For more detailed instructions, see:

If all that still fails, try a clean uninstall/reinstall - but backup your existing settings/etc (using Settings=>Export Settings/Data) first. 

Andre

Andre--

Thanks for the info!  I kept trying after I made the post above and oddly, one thing I did worked:

I deleted all music folder associations in Poweramp, killed Poweramp, relaunched, and then re-added my My Music folder.  Success.

I appreciate the response, but more importantly, I appreciate a great music player!

Best,

MW