Exclusive Control of USB DAC dongles

Poweramp is my go-to Android music player, but it's missing a crucial feature for modern smartphones: "Exclusive Control of USB DAC dongles"

The issue? Using a dongle with Poweramp doesn't offer enough volume. Other apps like Neutron and UAPP, with exclusive control, unleash the dongle's full output power, giving full volume.

For example, the Apple USB-C dongle is practically unusable with Poweramp due to Android limitations reducing its output power. Exclusive Control of USB DAC dongles, like in Neutron or UAPP, bypasses this limitation, resulting in giving full output power for dongles.

This feature is essential, as headphone jacks are disappearing and dongles are becoming the norm. I love Poweramp, but the lack of exclusive control forces me to buy a more powerful dongle. While something like Apple USB-C dongle is practically enough for IEMs.

It's not just premium apps like Neutron & UAPP. Even free apps like Hiby Music have this feature. Surely, implementing it in Poweramp wouldn't be a monumental task.

My sincere hope is that you'll prioritize adding exclusive USB DAC control in future updates. It's a game-changer for modern music listening and would solidify Poweramp's place as the undisputed champion of offline music players in Android.

Depends on the dongle. As you say, Apple's is deliberately broken by Apple, steer clear of that one. Most others work fine on Android though. Personally I like some of the Chi-Fi products, such as CS46L41 or CX31993 based DACs. Great S/N, and dynamic range in the 128dB region.

More direct access for USB-DACs is planned for Poweramp in the future (to allow no-resample / output-follows-source frequency) but currently it's not a very highly voted request, feel free to add your vote though:

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

More direct access for USB-DACs is planned for Poweramp in the future (to allow no-resample / output-follows-source frequency)Exclusive Control of USB DAC dongles

These are the features I wanted from Poweramp for a long time, hope it gets implemented

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

feel free to add your vote though:

I am not able to vote now, why does it show Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.

• 2 months later...

Same case with me as well, recently I brought my 1st USB DAC HiBy FC6 for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite and I see different the power output in Poweramp with other music player like HiBy Music Player and HF. 

Direct audio transfer to USB DAC may resolved many users issue i.e. sample rate and sample format for output. 

Please count my vote this request.

- Jimi