Poweramp Shuffle Randomization?

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

I have a doubt regarding how Less Random shuffles music. On Poweramp it says it prefers least played tracks and other shuffled items.

What I infer from this is it'll pick tracks which haven't been played recently or to put it in short Least Recently Played tracks are the first preference for this shuffle algorithm.

Now I have a doubt suppose I've set my Randomization to Less Random (the slider fully to the left) if I include new albums into my library would it aggressively play all the tracks from the album since they haven't been played recently at all. Or is there some sort of a gap between tracks from the same album which haven't been played at all?

That slider merely adds some bias to the Shuffle algorithm, so recently played songs tend to be moved nearer to the end of the new shuffled sequence. So yes, moving the slider all the way to the left should mean that songs that have never been played should mostly appear early in the shuffled sequence. 

Andre

Would that also mean if there is an album full of tracks which haven't been played at all. They will all be played in succession/ordered?

Edited by azuriye

• Solution
1 minute ago, azuriye said:

Would that also mean if there is an album full of tracks which haven't been played at all. They will all be played in succession/ordered?

No, they will be shuffled in amongst other songs which have not be played at all (depending on the Shuffle mode in use of course - I'm referring to All Songs shuffling here).

Andre