Update Database with Tasker

Pinguin

Hi,

i use Tasker on my rooted Smartphone (LineageOS 19.1/Android 12) to update the music folder. After that i need to update the Poweramp database manually. can i do this with tasker? There is no tasker plugin. Is there an intent to start the update?

Thanks

Pinguin

When you say you want to "update the database manually" do you mean you want to edit the SQL database contents directly? Or are you saying you want to trigger Poweramp to perform a normal Rescan to automatically add any new songs to its library? I'm not sure if there is an intent to do that one task specifically, but if you have Auto Scan enabled in Settings then simply launching the interface should do it.

[Edit]

Yes, there are intents that relate to triggering the rescan process. See the documentation (currently starting at line 1690) in this file: https://github.com/maxmpz/powerampapi/blob/master/poweramp_api_lib/src/main/java/com/maxmpz/poweramp/player/PowerampAPI.java#L1690

Andre

"Manually" means open the app and start the scan. What i want is to run my sync script (moving new music from my computer to my smartphone) and then start the scan in Poweramp from tasker. I'll test the intent.

com.maxmpz.audioplayer.ACTION_SCAN_DIRS

should do the job.

A full rescan is

com.maxmpz.audioplayer.EXTRA_FULL_RESCAN

?