Is it possible to prevent the continuation behavior?

bhins
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

The primary way I interact with my music library is via Album Artists. I typically only want to listen to a given album artist at any particular moment. I'm currently using the Album Artist Category.

If I skip my way through the final track of the final album it jumps to the next album artist. Is it possible to disable this? I don't mind either wrapping back to the first album or just outright stopping playback, I just don't want to play the next album artist.

• Solution

Not directly, no. The 'category jump' level in this case is per each album, so setting 'Repeat' to OFF will just stop at the end of each album, not at the end at the whole set of albums by that Album Artist.

The easiest way to do it would be to use the Queue. Go into the Album Artist's library view (i.e. the list of their albums), tap 'Select' > 'All', and then use the '>>Queue' button. That will enqueue everything by that artist in the displayed order. So playback doesn't return to regular listening afterwards, enable Settings=>Library=>Queue=>On Queue End -> Stay in Queue.

Or you could just use the 'All Album Artist Songs' facility at the top of that Album Artist's library view. That would play all of their songs before stopping.

Andre

Yes, if you manually tell it to advance, that's what it will do.

That said, I've always felt that the >> and << buttons should respect the currently chosen Repeat mode. So pressing '>>' at the end of an album should respect a user's choice of 'Repeat Category' and go back to the first song in the album rather than always skipping to the next album.

Andre