Replaygain does not apply

andyismyname

Hi!

I am unable to get replaygain work, what I am doing is setting it to "Apply Gain/prevent clipping according to peak" and the source to "Track".

When I then play a track with replaygain tags it does not change its volume according to the tags. The tags have been set by foobar2000 on per-file track scan.

To test replaygain I have a track where I lowered the volume using audacity before exporting it and applying the tags with foobar2000.

Do not I am currently using the demo version of the app but plan to purchase the full version after the test time has run out.

Cheers!

Are these normal audio formats - MP3 or FLAC for example - or something esoteric like OGG or Opus ?

I have some test files which are configured exactly as you describe: the same music re-saved at various attentuation levels, with and without RG tags, and they behave exactly as expected (up to a maximum RG adjustment amount of about 20dB)

Andre

Here are some test files of mine. 1kHz tone recorded at digital 100%, then at -10dB, -20dB, -30dB and -40dB. Then the exact same files but with RG tags embedded. RG Tests 1kHz.zip

With RG enabled, the first three RG-tagged files should play at identical levels, but the -30dB and -40dB files may not get boosted quite as high because PA doesn't apply RG values beyond a certain amount.

Andre