Poweramp on Google home not play on all devices within the speaker group

thora

Hey,

I`ve got a little problem with Poweramp on Google Home. I have a Google home hub and a nest mini. Both are in one speaker group. 

When I stream from spotify etc. I can cast the stream to the speaker group and it works perfectly. When I try to cast from Poweramp, the music plays only on the Google Hub. The nest mini makes a short "Ding" but no music. It seems the connection to the nest Mini is ok because when I pause the music I get back a spoken info from the nest mini.

When I stream the music from Poweramp direct to the nest mini it works. Only the speaker group has this issue. Both devices are in the same wlan. 

I`m new to Google home and things like that so maybe someone can help me. And sorry for my bad english, I`m german 😉

Thanks

Thomas

• 6 months later...
On 11/2/2023 at 10:45 AM, thora said:

I resolved the problem by myself. I put all devices in a seperate 5Ghz Wlan. Now it works. 

Argh, I've been having this problem for a while as well now and I've just managed to find this post about it! 

I'm not quite sure I understand your solution - did you create another WiFi signal from your router and put all of the home devices on that instead? Didn't that break the other functionality of the home - such as working with smart plugs? Or do you not use it for functionality like that? 

I wondered if I could turn on the guest WiFi on my Home and add all the devices to that. 

I'm surprised no one else is coming across this issue? 

3 hours ago, nexpro said:

I'm not quite sure I understand your solution - did you create another WiFi signal from your router and put all of the home devices on that instead?

If your router has both a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz band, use the same one for your all of your devices that you want to stream. This isn't the case with all routers, but it does affect some and is a potential solution.