playing all albums of an artist

frastill

When pressing play in an artist page with multiple albums only songs of the first album are actually reproduced. I know that I can select "all artist songs" and then press play, but wouldn't also the play icon in the artist page supposed to play all the albums of the artist and not only the songs of the first album?

Edited by frastill

You need to ensure the Repeat icon in the main Player Screen is set to 'Advance Category'. It's a bit of a legacy misnomer these days, but that basically means "Play All Categoies" (i.e. Albums in this case), rather than using 'Repeat Off' which means "Play Current Category and then stop".

Andre

I'm sorry but it doesn't seem to work. I checked "Advance Category" in the main player screen but playing still stops at the end of the first album. Maybe I am missing something else but I can't see nothing from the ui that could tell me that playing is restricted to one category.

I have no idea what is happening for you then. I've just tested it in case a recent bug has occurred and it works fine, automatically going from one album to the next as expected (or you can change manually if you keep pressing the >> Next Track or >>> Next Category buttons). And when everything has been played from that Artist, it moves on to the next artist in the specified order.

To confirm, what I did was as follows:

Checked in the Player Screen to make sure Repeat icon is set to 'Advance Category' (which should be the default anyway).
Selected an artist from the Library 'Artists' view, so I could see a list of all their albums.
Tapped the 'Play' icon at the top of the list.
The first track from the first album in that list starts playing.
Playback progresses song-to-song and then album-to-album. It's also possible to skip back and forth between songs and albums using the '<<', '>>', '<<<' and '>>>' buttons.

Andre

Thank you for your thorough answer. I expected that swiping left on the currently playing song should advance category. I now realized that this doesn't work and only skipping via hardware button or tapping ">>" or ">>>" advances category. Don't know if this is intentional or not but i find this behavior somewhat unexpected.