Stay in queue/playlist troubleshooting

Linkoiram

Hello, 

I keep exiting out of my playlist even though I have repeat turned on, shuffle songs, shuffle categories, as well as "queue: stay in queue on list end" or similar, what that setting is called. 

Feels like after about half the playlist it kicks me out and plays a completely random song, but when I manually go into the list and shuffle all the way to the end and let the playback of the last song end, it will repeat it. 

One thing I am also curious, is there an "infinite shuffle" for folder hierarchy mode? When I get to the end of the folder I would like to continuing swiping to skip and repeat in a random order songs in the folder, but on the last song in the folder skipping will pull up another random song, but if I let playback complete it will function as intended. 

The two above are irritating as 99 percent of my use case for this app is to open a playlist or folder, repeat that playlist/folder, and shuffle until I get a song I feel like listening to, and continue for however long I want to listen to that playlist/folder in question. 

Make sure the Queue is completely empty, otherwise it will keep kicking back in.

When you have 'Repeat Category' enabled for continuing playback, using the >> and << Track Change buttons on the first or last track will always remain in the Category (e.g. folder) and loop round to the other end again. If Shuffle is enabled, a new random order will be generated when it loops around again. However if you force a category change with <<< or >>> then it will change to a new category, as requested.

Screen-swipe actions work slightly differently in that << or >> will stop at the beginning or end of the Category and won't allow swiping any further (i.e. it won't loop around to the other end). You can override this with a "deep" swipe (an over-exaggerated wide swipe gesture)which will change the category if you are at the end - basically mimicking the <<< and >>> buttons.

Andre

16 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Make sure the Queue is completely empty, otherwise it will keep kicking back in.

When you have 'Repeat Category' enabled for continuing playback, using the >> and << Track Change buttons on the first or last track will always remain in the Category (e.g. folder) and loop round to the other end again. If Shuffle is enabled, a new random order will be generated when it loops around again. However if you force a category change with <<< or >>> then it will change to a new category, as requested.

Screen-swipe actions work slightly differently in that << or >> will stop at the beginning or end of the Category and won't allow swiping any further (i.e. it won't loop around to the other end). You can override this with a "deep" swipe (an over-exaggerated wide swipe gesture)which will change the category if you are at the end - basically mimicking the <<< and >>> buttons.

Andre

Can you clarify what you mean by <<< >>> on the interface? As well as the "deep swipe" gesture, I hold my thumb on the album cover on the last song in the playlist (thanks for the advice on the queue, I think that will fix it kicking me out every few songs) and swipe from one edge of the screen to another and I don't see a difference in function. 

Yes, the "<<<", "<<" and ">>", ">>>" buttons are the Track and Category controls when Pro Buttons is enabled.

Track changing is also supported via swiping left or right (less than half of the screen width of the screen is needed) but that will "bounce back" showing as an invalid gesture if you try to do it on the end track of an album/folder/etc. At that point, you can trigger a Category change by instead swiping almost the entire width of the screen.

The swipe gestures have been that way since the Material Design interface was introduced for Poweramp v3 about seven years ago. Prior to that in Poweramp v2, left/right swipes always changed tracks while up/down swipes always changed Categories. That functionally was lost when down-swipe became an alternative method to tapping on the album art in order to get to the list view. To be honest, I still only ever use a single tap, as I find it quicker and easier than swiping down. Hopefully at some point the album swipe gestures and tap will get some level of user-customisation, as I'd love to be able to switch back to the PA v2 control style.

Andre