Seek behavior / Bluetooth buttons

Yoav Farkash

With Spotify, I am able to use my integrated car wheel back/forward buttons (connected via bluetooth to my Android phone) to seek +-15 seconds back/forward when playing podcasts. When playing songs, the same buttons are used to skip tracks instead of seek.

1. I would like to have the same behavior with Poweramp (e.g. when a track is longer than 10 mins, the buttons should be used for seek, otherwise - for skipping tracks). It is currently not possible to do with Poweramp, also buttons 1,2 behavior cannot be customized.

2. I would like to be able to adjust the seek from 10 seconds to an adjustable value (e.g. 30 seconds or 15 seconds)

The steering wheel buttons in cars generate Android button events, which Poweramp responds to in the appropriate way, for example:

Middle/OK button: KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
Up/+ button: KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT
Down/- button: KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS

You can see the events that have been generated by your device by checking PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands. For each event, you should see a BUTTON_DOWN followed very quickly by a BUTTON_UP as you release the button.

Poweramp can also respond to other ways that those buttons may be used, for example double-tapping on '+' or '-' will result in a Category change rather than just a Track change, and long-pressing on them will result in Fast-Forward or Rewind (which go faster the longer you hold down the button).

If you are using Android Auto, you can re-configure the extra on-screen buttons to provide different options such as the +10sec or -10sec commands (which will also take effect for media player notification in the Android statusbar).

Andre

1. My integrated car bluetooth functionality does not support Android Auto.
Please confirm that the "Spotify behavior" is impossible with Poweramp for my case.
[ Spotify behavior = Steering wheel buttons are used to seek +-10 secs, instead of skipping tracks. ]

2. Is my understanding true that adjusting the seek length value from 10 secs to a different value is impossible with Poweramp as well?