Top Rated List Requests

mephalasweb

Hello! I was told to post here for any requests I have, so here they are:

• A-Z/Alphabetical organization for Top Rated List when using 5 star rating system: currently, the top rated list is organized by highest rated to lowest rated. It makes it difficult to find songs by select artists in my library.
  • Shuffle of 5 Star Top Rated List plays all tracks on Top Rated List: if you use the 5 star system and put your Top Rated List on shuffle, it only plays songs rated 5 stars rather than the entire list of Top Rated tracks. It would be great if I could play either all the tracks on the Top Rated list or if there was a toggle setting to play a limited amount of Tracks on Top Rated - such as anything above 3 stars and the like.

That's pretty much it! Love the app, been using it faithfully for years and appreciate all the work that goes into it. 

1) Within each rating band (5-star, 4-star, etc) you should see that group of songs sorted alphabetically. There are no List Options settings for sort order in this Category as it's pretty-much defined by the subject itself, but you can limit how many songs you want to see displayed - including 'No Limit' which will show all 5-, 4-, 3- and 2-star songs in the Library.

2) There is an existing Feature Request to allow choosing how many stars should be valid in the 'high' or 'low' Categories. If that is implemented, you would be able to set the list to show (for example) only 5-star items, and then you could Shuffle that list. Currently, it will shuffle whatever is displayed (e.g. the highest rated 200 or 500 songs with 2-5 stars).

Andre

On 9/19/2023 at 4:45 AM, andrewilley said:

1) Within each rating band (5-star, 4-star, etc) you should see that group of songs sorted alphabetically. There are no List Options settings for sort order in this Category as it's pretty-much defined by the subject itself, but you can limit how many songs you want to see displayed - including 'No Limit' which will show all 5-, 4-, 3- and 2-star songs in the Library.

2) There is an existing Feature Request to allow choosing how many stars should be valid in the 'high' or 'low' Categories. If that is implemented, you would be able to set the list to show (for example) only 5-star items, and then you could Shuffle that list. Currently, it will shuffle whatever is displayed (e.g. the highest rated 200 or 500 songs with 2-5 stars).

Andre

1) That's a bit of a bummer. I think this is the option your describing below (unless I'm misunderstanding something), but could there be an option to shuffle like anything above 3 stars from the All Songs category? I definitely prefer alphabetical order, so that option would be great.

2) I think this one was just an issue on my end: I previously had the option of Full Randomization almost at max, but it would prefer 5 star songs in Top Rated. So something lower than 5 stars would not pop up, well, at all. I counted up to 100 once to see if anything would show up below 5 stars and it just didn't. I just needed to lower the bar for randomization down much MUCH lower and, presto, all fixed! All is well on my end, but thanks for answering! Had no idea Full Randomization effects Top Rated like that, I just started using the 5 star system a few weeks ago. But I DO like the option to limit the Top Rated by stars if I ever wanted to! 

I think the answer here would definitely be to support min/max rating values - controlled with a simple two-ended slider in List Options - rather than just a fixed 'High' or 'Low' Category. Then you could set both the min and the max to 5 stars, and get one list showing only your 5-star songs, which you could then shuffle.

In fact, offering that option would remove the need to have two separate categories at all. Just a single "Ratings" category, with a min/max slider and a 'Reverse' tickbox would fulfil both purposes.

Andre