True voice search a la Car Tunes

Rudd-O

So far, voice search appears to search in the collection. This is no good when you are driving. There should be a gesture or button I can press from the player interface, that pauses the music, and listens to what I want to play, much like Car Tunes has.

Also there should be an option to significantly increase font size in the collection browser, and control size everywhere. It is dangerous to have to concentrate on the screen while driving, and this is why Car Tunes is becoming a winner.

• 4 months later...

This is definitely at the top of my wishlist too (besides ratings that sync with iTunes).

I'd like to see a better horizontal layout (that is how I use it in the car dock anyway), that would make better use of screen space.

I was thinking make the artwork larger (full screen), maybe more in the background and off to the side. Then have the song/artist info in a bigger font on the other side or even overlapping the art if needed. I'd personally just eliminate the payback buttons as I use the swipe gestures to skip tracks/lists (or stick them on each side, centered vertically), and just tap anywhere central onscreen to pause/play. I would keep the EQ, tone, shuffle and repeat buttons in the four corners though.

Just my ideas.

Thanks!

Archived