Is it possible to work offline on my Android car headunit?

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

37 minutes ago, renaultmegane3339 said:

Is it possible to work offline?

Once a Play Store purchased licence has been verified online and the status saved, yes it can work fully offline. The status is shown in Settings=>About, where you should look for the wording "Purchase Verified and Stored". This used to require the device to remain online for 24-48 hours, but now it's much quicker. Website purchases only require an initial validation too.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Once a Play Store purchased licence has been verified online and the status saved, yes it can work fully offline. The status is shown in Settings=>About, where you should look for the wording "Purchase Verified and Stored". This used to require the device to remain online for 24-48 hours, but now it's much quicker. Website purchases only require an initial validation too.

Andre

So if i buy pro version for 5 €, ill be able to use it offline for good?  That's because my car unit is usually offline, i can connect it on wifi using mobile hotspot, but it would be boring if i had to connect it on hotspot everytime.

37 minutes ago, renaultmegane3339 said:

So if i buy pro version for 5 €, ill be able to use it offline for good? 

Yes, with the proviso that the device must remain online while the licence is validated via the Play Store. That's usually quite quick, but the cautious advice is that you may need to allow up to 24 hours. See the link I posted above for clarification. 

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, with the proviso that the device must remain online while the licence is validated via the Play Store. That's usually quite quick, but the cautious advice is that you may need to allow up to 24 hours. See the link I posted above for clarification. 

Andre

I did read that post, but if understand you are saying that i need to keep my car running on, and connect it on wifi for 24h 🤣. That's issue that isn't clear to me. I dont  care 5€ or 50€ on it, because i like it really much, just want to make it work offline. Cheers 

• Solution
9 minutes ago, renaultmegane3339 said:

if understand you are saying that i need to keep my car running on, and connect it on wifi for 24h 

It should be much quicker than that, but it's not something that can be guaranteed. Play Store purchases are normally for devices with permanent internet connections so a delay in authenticating is not normally an issue. Once it's done and saved though, you can safely disconnect the wi-fi.

Andre