AAudio output bypass

Artemisu01

I've been using Poweramp for the last 2 years now.

I just came to my mind that since 947 release i just realized the AAudio output sample rate in 945 version is i can play full 192khz 32 bit automatic meanwhile 947 no matter i change sample rate even to my highest rate of 384khz it will go down to 48khz maximum in 32bit, by the way im using aux not dac in Tecno pova 4.

Is there's a chance to bypass the global sound effects to get 384khz for example, i know Hi Res is there i can do full 192khz 32bit but I'm interested in AAudio if somehow can play it

Screenshot_20230526-134333.thumb.jpg.89a9d34966b201c4d3eb75227aa2fe8c.jpgScreenshot_20230526-134150.jpg

I can't remember exactly when it happened, but on one release (late last year?) Max improved the detection code for output methods. Previously, PA could sometimes report via the Audio Info display that some particular resolution was working, whereas Android was actually dropping it back down to default at the final output stage. So your previously reported output rate could have been a false result, which is now being reported correctly.

I'm afraid I've never heard of a Tecno pova 4 (I think it might be something that only has a regional release?) so I don't know if Max would have anything similar for testing. I would suggest using Hi-Res Output if you are able though, as that's what it is for.  

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I can't remember exactly when it happened, but on one release (late last year?) Max improved the detection code for output methods. Previously, PA could sometimes report via the Audio Info display that some particular resolution was working, whereas Android was actually dropping it back down to default at the final output stage. So your previously reported output rate could have been a false result, which is now being reported correctly.

I'm afraid I've never heard of a Tecno pova 4 (I think it might be something that only has a regional release?) so I don't know if Max would have anything similar for testing. I would suggest using Hi-Res Output if you are able though, as that's what it is for.  

Andre

Yes im using Hi res for it, about tecno pova 4 is that it has no dac working on it but audio log says it did have one for some reason I'll leave the audio log if max interested on itaudio_policy.conf

Screenshot_20230526-184525.jpg

52 minutes ago, Artemisu01 said:

about tecno pova 4 is that it has no dac working on it

It must have an internal DAC, otherwise you wouldn't be able to hear analogue sound from the 3.5mm headphone/AUX jack, and the hardware at least seems to supports hi-res that way. Whether or not all Android output methods allow for it is down to the ROM firmware code. Stick with hi-res, and check the Audio Info display for the processing path details (long-press on the metadata line on the Player Screen during playback).

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It must have an internal DAC, otherwise you wouldn't be able to hear analogue sound from the 3.5mm headphone/AUX jack, and the hardware at least seems to supports hi-res that way. Whether or not all Android output methods allow for it is down to the ROM firmware code. Stick with hi-res, and check the Audio Info display for the processing path details (long-press on the metadata line on the Player Screen during playback).

Andre

About usb c to Audio its not really working on Tecno pova 4 I did use CX31993 no sign of audio routing even i did disable "disable USB Audio Routing" and still no good instead it will prompt me to two options

Media transfer

Large charging capacity

I did check the usb configuration and there's no audio routing 

I did test CX31993 usb c to 3.5 in my Samsung J7 prime and it works just fine

Screenshot_20230527-045031.jpg

Screenshot_20230527-045015.jpg