Volume very quiet through auxilary!

I use Poweramp on my Samsung Infuse 4g to bump tunes through my car stereo's AUX port, but it's always extremely quiet. Like, if I'm just listening to the radio, I keep the volume on about 22/39 and it's pretty loud. When I'm using my phone/Poweramp, I have to have it on like 33/39 or higher to get any sort of loudish volume. What can I change to fix this? I have the Preamp turned up all the way, and I have the EQ turned off completely.

Hi Newbie,

Have you had a look at your car stereo to see if it has a seprate input volume control for your aux port. My last car stereo did and like all factory settings it was only at half volume. And, shock/horror, you may even have to read the stereo manual :wacko: (wash out my mouth for swearing!!! :o ) to find out if it does.... :D

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback. What version of Poweramp do you use? If it's 2.0+, do you use Direct Volume Control and have you tried to adjust preamp?

Note that Samsung devices apply some sort of Volume reduction for wired headset output (they call that ear protection) and this affects Poweramp rather hard, though, it only changes some intermediate volume values, max volume (volume=15) is the same for Poweramp and stock samsung player.

Archived