home screen just albums

fender62
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

just installed the app, id like it to open with all my albums showing in a grid, whne i open the app it just shows a track by artist, and not all albums, id like it to always open to albums view as mentioned, how its confusing, so many choices. what do i do when i open app..

Edited by fender62

• Solution

Poweramp can be quite a learning curve, but it's very powerful once you get to grips with it.

First you need to set the 'Albums' View as the default for when you open the Library. Long-press the Library icon (lower-left) and then use the three-dots menu to choose 'List Options'. You can then set your preferred Library starting view by long pressing - so in your case, long press on 'Albums'.

Then open the Library Albums view and adjust the viewing size (from various sizes of lists or grids) by using pinch-to-zoom gestures - or just select your preferred layout from the choices in the 'List Options' menu.

Finally, tell Poweramp to always start at the Library View instead of the Player Screen. To do this, turn on Settings=>Look and Feel=>Start at Library.

Andre

many thanks Andre, i would never have figured it out mmm lack of patience i guess, is there a clear cue and exit option. also i have compilation of mp3's that i made, some individul mp3's are louder then others, the way they were ripped i assume, is there anyway of making say the folder with them in it, the same overall volume, otherwise im up and down with the volume control.

Edited by fender62

It's one of those "with great power comes great responsibility" things. :)  Poweramp has a ton of sophisticated options, which is one thing that differentiates it from the standard music apps provided by the hardware manufacturers, but that does mean there can be a bit of a learning curve finding them all out.

To clear the temporary Queue (which I assume is what you were asking?) go to the Library=>Queue page and tap the three-dots menu icon and select 'Clear Queue' and you will be returned to normal playback mode. If you are currently playing from the Queue already, just tapping on the cover art on the Player Screen is a shortcut to take you to the current library song list - which in this case would be the Queue.

To exit the app interface, just press the Home button  (press Pause first if you need to also stop playback).

Poweramp doesn't do 'on the fly' volume normalisation (where the gain is turned up and down as a track changes in volume during playback) but it can use 'Replay Gain' tags which need to have been embedded into audio files in advance; sometimes this is done at the time of ripping, or sometimes RG tags may be added later by audio processing software such as foobar2000 (which can batch process lots of files at once).

Anyway, as long as your music is tagged correctly, turning on Replay Gain in PA Setting=Audio=>Replay Gain will apply an overall track gain (up or down) to ensure that the loudest point in each track will be played at a specific refence level. The RG specs say the target level should be -14dB down from digital maximum (although Poweramp does not seem to be quite that severe) but if you don't need all that extra headroom for EQ/Tone boosting, you can safely set the RG Preamp a bit higher. After a bit of tweaking, I have mine set to +6dB for tracks with RG tags, and -2.4dB for non-RG tracks (which slightly lowers other tracks that might be at digital 100% in order to match with my RG tracks). For more info, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

Andre