option to vote in the feature request forum

ihaspei

letting the users vote for the request feature that people post on the forum will help a lot to the developer to know on what feature he can work on.

this could be a replace to the "rate this topic" though. i find that section kinda useless if just the administrator/developer can see the rate and not the rest of the users and it doesn't have much sense to rate a feature request when can be better understood having an option saying: "want this feature implemented? (yes - no)".

the most voted features with their results would be shown on the "frequently requested features" list, so if this idea gets implemented the first step would be to add an option to vote directly on that post for each feature mentioned there to start to have this data, and everyone would be able to see the results:

- list queue (yes - no)

- replay gain (yes - no)

on the posts that the rest of the people make this option would be able just like the "rate this topic" option and the results can be shown beside the title on each post on the list of posts of the feature request forum, so people can see what the other users are interested on and they can take a look and vote "yes" or "no" if they're interested on participate. 

oh and it would be nice to have a "Poweramp forum" link on the "get support" option in the app.

thanks for reading :)

@ihaspei We could probably do something using the Poll feature in the forum software, but at the end of the day I'm not sure how useful it would be. It would simply end up being a formalised version of people adding "+1" to posts, which is never an especially constructive way to add to a discussion.

Also, Poweramp development is not a democracy. PA has always been a one-developer project, and what features do or do not get implemented is completely down to Max's discretion based on factors such as development time, ease of implementation, whether it integrates well with other tasks currently being worked on, and other criteria beyond simple user-popularity. If it was just down to who shouts loudest and longest in the forums, I'm sure we'd have things like A-B Repeat which is a regular 12+ year old request by now. However other common requests - such as synced LRC-file lyrics support - are in active development and will be available in the short-term.

The Frequently Requested Features list is something I complied a while ago, mainly to help make forum moderation easier for me as some subjects keep getting added as new topics rather than people responding to existing threads which makes the conversations easier to follow. I'm sure Max will have glanced at it as a useful quick-guide to the most commonly discussed requests, but it is in no way a road-map for future development as he maintains his own to-do list.

1 hour ago, ihaspei said:

oh and it would be nice to have a "Poweramp forum" link on the "get support" option in the app.

The link is present in the uni builds of Poweramp (e.g. downloaded from the website here) but deliberately not in Play Store downloads. There were concerns about Google's policies around checking links out to other discussion areas - which is why the FAQ themed pages (which are linked, even from the Play version) are so cut-down and simplistic compared to the rest of the forum.

Andre

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

We could probably do something using the Poll feature in the forum software, but at the end of the day I'm not sure how useful it would be. It would simply end up being a formalised version of people adding "+1" to posts, which is never an especially constructive way to add to a discussion.

i mean, if it's just an option to "+1" some comment or post would be nice or at least let the users see the "rate this topic" results.

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp development is not a democracy. PA has always been a one-developer project, and what features do or do not get implemented is completely down to Max's discretion based on factors such as development time, ease of implementation, whether it integrates well with other tasks currently being worked on, and other criteria beyond simple user-popularity. If it was just down to who shouts loudest and longest in the forums, I'm sure we'd have things like A-B Repeat which is a regular 12+ year old request by now. However other common requests - such as synced LRC-file lyrics support - are in active development and will be available in the short-term.

yeah i know. i'm not saying that every feature request with some amount of votes should and must be implemented or something, what i tried to say was that it could help (i think) the developer and the users what the others think of that particular post so people can see if they're or other user idea (that are not on the frequently feature request list) it's at least taken into consideration or it's known by other people.

it was just an idea that cross my mind and wanted to share. i think it could help.

thanks for read it anyway :)