Does Poweramp Equalizer app conflict with other headphone apps? (Android)

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Hello,

I was wondering if the Poweramp Equalizer app for android conflicts with other headphone apps such as Sony Headphone connect, Bose Connect and Sennheiser Smart Control etc.

Is it possible to use the EQ settings from Poweramp Equalizer while still being able to use ANC features from the respective headphone apps?

Or is it advisable to just delete all other headphone apps?

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can give them a try, but I don't know which could work. It's not ideal to have two apps applying EQ at the same time though, and certainly not two trying to use DVC at the same time.

Andre

Thanks, I've just tried with Sony Headphone connect and I couldn't get the ANC working.

I guess that if I'm using Poweramp EQs, I have no choice but to delete the other headphone apps... What a shame.

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No need to delete, but disable when you are using the EQ if they are not compatible. 

Andre

Thanks.

Just an unrelated question: I've set up eq using oratory1990 target presets for my Sony XM4. I also enabled DVC for Bluetooth and disabled absolute volume.

However, the volume is a bit low at 100%. It's extremely noticeable when watching Youtube videos.

What setting do I need to tweak to increase the gain/volume, while keeping the eq presets?

• Solution
4 hours ago, kanade_ said:

What setting do I need to tweak to increase the gain/volume, while keeping the eq presets?

Just increase the Preamp gain a bit. Don't overdo it - especially if you have a lot of bass boosting - in case you introduce peak distortion though. 

Andre