Poweramp Not Shuffling?

CChamp

I have been using Poweramp for just a little while and today it stopped shuffling. I went to Genres and clicked on the two round swirly arrows, and when it played it was all in order. I tried closing it down and restarting and it did the same thing. It did the same thing with my Playlists. Any ideas what it might be?

First, check that you haven't added any songs to the temporary Queue, as those will be played (usually in order) before returning to regular playback. There is a 'Clear Queue' option in the Queue menu to reset this.

Second, check PA Settings=>Library=>Shuffle and ensure that the 'Category Items Shuffle' mode is not set to 'Shuffle Categories', as that would cause Genre entries (or Playlists, Albums, etc) to be picked at random while their individual contents are played in normal order, before picking a new Genre at random.

Andre

In which case, tapping on the shuffle icon at the top of any list should shuffle its contents. In that mode, when looking at a particular Genre, PA should pick an album from the displayed list at random and then play all of its contents shuffled. When that album is finished, PA should select a new album at random and shuffle all of its contents. And so on until the genre is finished,

What is happening for you when you tap on that icon?

Andre

That sounds like my problem, When I pick a Genre I want it to totally randomize all of the albums. In other words play 1 song from album A then one song from Album D then one from album B and so on. I don't want it to play 1 entire album randomized but ALL the songs in the Genre randomized. How do I accomplish that? Thanks