Error loading config file

캔디린

When I switched to a new phone, I exported and saved the power amp settings (including playlists), then moved the settings file to the new phone and loaded and loaded it.

However, the music file information in the playlist is not loaded properly and the album art and title are strange.  However, it can be played back, and even if I search/restore it, it is not fixed.  How do I solve it?

Screenshot_20220621-225323_Poweramp.thumb.png.c4ca94c314b7518e87d1c3adf1c0d37a.png

Edited by 캔디린

Did you do the export/import from within Poweramp, or using a third-party backup solution?

Looks like your playlists are referring to song filenames that do not exist in the Library on your new device, so you are just seeing a placeholder filename rather than a Library entry. Are the playlists internal or file-based?

After you have set the correct Music Folders options for your music collection, do those songs appear in the main All Songs library view? If so, try going into the Playlists category, tap the three-dots menu icon, and choose Rescan/Resolve Playlists. If the filenames and containing folder names are identical to those from your old device, the new root paths should be found and re-matched. 

Andre

Do these songs from your playlist appear correctly in the 'All Songs' library category, showing with their artwork, Title, Artist, etc. 

If not, please use PA Settings=>Library=>Music Folders to grant access permission and choose the correct folder for your music. Long-term, it might be better to put your music files into a more sensible location (e.g. a "Music" folder) rather than leaving your collection in an auto-restored directory like SdCardBackup.

You didn't answer my question about whether these Playlists are 'internal' (i.e. local to Poweramp, stored in database memory only) or external files - such as an M3U playlist file saved somewhere in your storage. 

Andre

2 hours ago, 캔디린 said:

@andrewilleyIt just doesn't appear as a replay in the playlist, and all songs load the information as it does.

Sorry, I suspect there is a translation issue here, but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

If you are saying that all the songs show correctly in the 'All Songs' category, but they don't show in a Playlist, then the playlist is pointing to the wrong filenames.

Again, are these internal (Poweramp created) playlists, or .M3U files?

Andre

17 hours ago, 캔디린 said:

Are you referring to the .m3u8 file inside /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/playlists on your existing phone? This file What should I do with this file?

Unless you placed a playlist file there yourself (fairly unlikely) that file would most likely be a manually Exported playlist, something that you has previously created via the Playlists=>Export feature. That feature converts and saves any internally-created playlists, creating a physical backup playlist file that you could use elsewhere. It's probably something you did a while ago, what is the timestamp on this file? If you are unsure, you can check its contents by loading it into a text editor.

Most likely any such older files would no longer be needed though. You said you used the newer and more comprehensive Settings=>Export Settings/Data feature, which creates a single all-encompassing backup file named <date-time>.poweramp-settings. That file contains all of the settings and data from your old device, including playlists, and should be copied to the new phone and restored using there using Settings=>Import Settings/Data.

The one thing that can't be saved/restored between different devices is the location of your music files, as that path will be unique to your new device. That's where Settings=>Library=>Music Folders comes into play. Use that to tell Poweramp which folder(s) you would like it to scan for your music (including the location of any physical playlist files you may want to us). That should be done before importing settings, as unless the music files are already available the import won't be able to apply the required settings to them.

Personally, I would suggest not keeping your music files in  /storage/emulated/0/SdCardBackUp though. That is an automatic (account based) restore folder created by Android or the auto-migration features of your phone. It would be better to have your music files saved tidily on a real SD Card (if you have one) or at least in a more sensibly named location on internal storage if you don't have an SD Card. I use a folder called Audio on my SD Card, but you could also use the system Music folder if you wish, or perhaps something of your own such as My Music.  Once you have moved all your music files there using a file explorer app, use PA Settings=>Library=>Music Folders to grant access and select that folder (see FAQ above if you are unsure of how to do this) and then do the Settings=>Import operation again.

Andre

@andrewilleyAre you saying that on your new phone, you should first set the music path in Poweramp and then load the files that contain playlists? So what about the existing selected folders/permissions? Do you try to delete a playlist that fails to load properly?

Edited by 캔디린

@캔디린 Please read what I wrote.

1. On your new phone, move all your audio files into whatever permanent folder location you intend to keep them in - e.g. somewhere like "My Music" or "Audio" on your SD Card (or in internal storage if you don't have an SD Card). Any physical playlist files (e.g. M3U or M3U8) should be located somewhere inside that master music folder too (personally I use a subfolder inside "Audio" called "Playlists").
  2. Then install Poweramp and enable access to that master music folder using Poweramp Settings=>Library=>Music Folders. It's better if that's the only folder you enable; it makes scanning faster if Poweramp doesn't have to check lots of unnecessary folders.
  3. After all of your music has been scanned into Poweramp's Library - you will see all of your songs displayed in 'All Songs' and other categories - use PA Settings=>Import Settings/Data to restore the .poweramp-settings file that you had previously backed-up from your old phone.

Andre

• 3 months later...

@andrewilley

The first method is to use a previously used playlist .Extract it to an m3u8 file and move it to a new device, regardless of the file path .This is how to open an m3u8 file with a Poweramp to load a playlist. This ensures that there is no problem with the list, and even with the playlist name .m3u8 does not stick.

The second way is in the Playlists folder .Put the m3u8 file and move the folder to the top-level folder that contains music, and then scan the Playlists folder in the Poweramp from the playlist title .m3u8 name is not cleared.

Screenshot_20220925-200645_Poweramp.thumb.png.cd326dbe4b41ea10c6decbca867dc79d.png

For example, on a previous device, in the Music folder, in the My list folder, there is music named abc, and in the Poweramp, create a playlist called My music to add abc music .Export the playlist to an m3u8 file. If the path changes or the file name changes on the new device, the information will not be blown as shown in the screenshot. The Repartition / recovery option must match the previous one to work. We can't solve it here.

Also, the first method is to open and load files one by one with a Poweramp, so it is very cumbersome if you have a lot of playlists.

First, you should avoid using the "Download" folder, or any other system folders, for storing your music. Google is gradually transitioning to restricting general access to the contents of such system folders, and while it may still work with Legacy File Access Mode at the moment, from API 33 & Android 13 onwards it is most likely to fail. For long term compatibility, it would be better to create a folder of your own - perhaps calling it "My Music" - in which to keep all of your music subfolders and playlists. Playlists could then be saved in a subfolder called "My Music/Playlists/" for example.

Second, any playlists that are read in from physical playlist lists - files such as your EDM(1).m3u8 - will be displayed in Poweramp's 'Playlists' category exactly as per the filename, including any file extenders, so you can identify which playlists were internally created within Poweramp and which are external physical files. If you previously backed up any internal playlists with the PA Settings=>Export Settings/Data feature, they won't have any file extenders when you re-import the data as they will be brought back in as internal lists rather than external files.

Yes, playlists are nothing more than a list of pointers to files located somewhere on your device's storage, there is no other playlist logic to identify a song beyond the file's path and filename. To help handle the situation where song files may have been copied over from another device (perhaps a PC, or from a different Android phone) and thus the real paths not longer correlate with the contents of the list, Poweramp has a 'Rescan/Resolve Playlists' feature in its Playlists menu. This ignores all of the root path information and concentrates on just the full audio filename plus the folder name that it is contained within. As long as both of these match, the playlist entry will work. However if you have in any way changed the containing folder name or the filename, it will not be possible to resolve that entry. 

Andre