How to switch to next category from Android Auto

Michael Kohne

I recently got a vehicle that supports Android Auto (via USB, if that matters). I notice that the android auto screen for PA includes prev and next track, and allows me to select what to advance, and what to shuffle. But it DOESN'T include prev/next category, which I'd find much more useful. I've been through the settings and haven't found a way to enable such a thing in AA - is there a way to do so?

If you have a steering wheel remote for your AA device, which provides '+' and '-' functionally, a double-click on either button should do what you want. It can be a bit device-dependent as to whether it forwards such commands correctly though, but it works fine on my Hyundai head-unit anyway.

Andre

It's the 2019 Honda built-in Android Auto support, and this unfortunately doesn't work there. Ahh, well, it was worth asking. I think I saw someone else had a request outstanding to add the ability to tweak which buttons were displayed for android auto, perhaps that'll happen someday.

AA button tweaking is on the list.

When you double-click, the action should be handled by PA as long as the head-unit sends the relevant commands. Try allowing a bit more (or less) time for the two clicks, and check to see what PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands shows.

In case it makes a difference, I have my button responses set to:

image.png

Andre