Syncing audio folders from desktop PC (including deletes)

andrewilley

I know this is a bit off-topic, but it releates to the way that I use MP3 playback on my phone, and it worked fine on my old Windows Mobile phone.

All I want is a simple and automatic way to background sync my podcast folders on my PC to my podcasts folders in PowerAMP via Wi-Fi. No playlists, iTunes or anything else complex, just a simple file sync.

Any new MP3 files in about ten podcast subfolders should be copied from the PC to the phone, and any such files which I later delete from the phone (after listening) should be automatically deleted - or ideally recycled - on the PC too.

I've found lots of simple sync apps, but none which seem to properly echo deletes. Someone must be doing the same sort of thing that I want, any suggestions as to how?

Andre

What you need is an app called FTP Server. It runs an FTP server on your phone, you can log in with any FTP client and upload/download files to your SD Card.

Given that you want to work with file structure rather than playlist/sync apps like iTunes/DoubleTwist, this is exactly what you need.

Thanks for the request.

Currently this is not planned for any of the next minor or major updates (v2.0).

I can say nothing about next versions - this feature can be viable, but it requires creation and support of PC/Mac software and this will definitely take resources from the PowerAMP development.

Archived