Problem with By year in Sorting

When I  try to sort by year and reverse selected, the song shows in A to Z. (This is the main problem)

Again, When I try to sort by year and not reverse selected, the song shows in  ascending

Hope the developer will fix this quickly.

Build-939-uni [939009-1f9ed1d8]

Galaxy M31

Android 12

When you sort your music 'By Year' - either forward or in reverse - PA will sort the entire list using any embedded Year tags found in the audio files. Within the block of music for each year, the individual songs will then be sorted alphabetically by title (as PA does not store any month or day information to further subdivide the list chronologically).

Any songs which do not have any embedded Year data will be shown at the end of the list when viewed in normal order, or at the start of the list if you use in Reverse order. I suspect what you are seeing when selecting Reverse is a large number of songs that don't have any embedded Year information. That set of songs will be shown at the beginning of a Reversed list, in alphabetical order. To check what embedded data a file contains, long-press on the song title in the list and choose 'Info/Tags'.

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I suspect what you are seeing when selecting Reverse is a large number of songs that don't have any embedded Year information. That set of songs will be shown at the beginning of a Reversed list, in alphabetical order

Right